A Closer Walk With God Is In The Quiet Place

As we grow older
and start to know
the quiet ways of God,
the way He gently speaks,
and the way He interacts
intimately with each of us,
He begins to teach us
about ourselves.
He directs our attention often
in His love to look to Him
when we are feeling
the storms of life
in the myriad of ways they come
from differing angles
as we are growing up in years.

Sometimes we are taught
in religious circles
to be overly exuberant
and ignore the intricacies
going on inside of us
by doing more for the church.
The use of the word "serve"
is often pulled out of the Bible
and favorited in sermons.
The needs of organizations
and the people building them
are never quite enough.

But how often Jesus pulled away
from the vast needs
for times of quiet
with His Heavenly Father.
How often He taught His disciples
to do the same.
It's in the quiet that we hear.
It's in the quiet place
that we learn to know God's voice
and He helps us see ourselves
with His eyes.
He isn't against our humanity,
in fact, He created every
complicated layer
of spirit, soul, body.
He created our mind, will
and He knew all the emotions
that would stream out
as we try to navigate
this hard and complex world.

He knew that we'd find
that the safest place,
the sweetest place,
the most restful place
would be with Him.

Moment by moment
He tenderly calls to the weary,
"Come to me".
And He promises each time
that you do,
"I will give you rest".

No amount of service and doing
will replace these utmost times
with Him in the quiet place.

Come beloved.
Come to the fountain of Life.
When you are weary and worn.
When life is so confusing
and you just need all the voices
to stop.
Go to Jesus.
Let His voice be the One
to guide you from this day on.
Mankind always has an agenda.
Jesus says "Come to me.....
and I will give you rest."
This rest is of the utmost
because it comes from your Maker.
The One who knows YOU
inside and out.
He will heal.
He will guide.
You will be like Him.*



*"Come to me,
all of you who toil
and carry burdens,
and I, yes, I, will lead you
into rest.

Put on my yoke,
and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble
in heart,
and you will find rest
for your souls,
for the yoke I offer
is easy to wear,
and the load I ask
is light to bear."
Matthew 11:28-30
(Williams Translation)

Comments