Using Google Maps

I'm always grateful for technology and specifically for the google maps installed on my phone. When I need to be somewhere I've never been before and need to know the way to my destination, I can type in the address and I can see plainly how to traverse the area.
Depending on places I'm going on a given day, I refer to it often.

As people, human beings who are fearfully and wonderfully made, we need spiritual navigation as we traverse this complex life.  The Bible is God's very own heartbeat and in it, we find the compass toward our destination. There is guidance in there. It tells us what to watch out for, detours we can take, pitfalls to be avoided.  It is full of the wisdom we need to navigate so many complex situations we all face daily.

But how the path of life would be more level if we would look to God's navigation for us for our spiritual life. The spiritual is the foundation for our physical life. It is never the other way around. If our inner, spiritual life is a wreck...our whole physical life is a wreck. It may seem like everything is in place and the road you are taking is rock-solid, but the coordinates of your destination lead to a most awful place. Only with God are the coordinates to real and genuine Life that leads to righteousness, peace and joy. He puts His Spirit IN us - a real, living and active guidance.

Do not neglect the Navigator of your life. Refer to His direction often and seek Him for all your ways. He will make your paths straight.  He promises you that He will strengthen you and help you as you seek Him.

Comments