Truth And A Hug

Truth.
It can be hard.
It hurts sometimes
and you may feel like
punching it in the face.

It goes contrary
to the things in us
that are contrary
to walking one with God.

So the truth
may feel harsh
and bitey.
It’ll poke at the pride
and rebellion
and the ideas we have
and hold here on earth
in our own nature.

But Truth transforms
and it will crumble
the little empires
that set themselves
against the knowledge
of God.

Truth is a Person.

I hugged a person this morning.
This person has shared
some harder truths with me
in our relationship.

I love and appreciate that.
There is sincerity found there.
I feel like there is no deceit
when a person is willing
to walk with Truth
and in spite of the opposition,
clings to it.
There is no fear of man there.
And it made me think.
Truth and hugs do go together.

I could tell the harder truths
all day to those around me
and completely love them
and hug them tightly
every time I see them.

Truth and love are the same.
There is sanity there.
There is wholesomeness
and joy in the precepts
of God and in who He is.
You can’t go wrong
when your whole being
is wrapped in the arms
of Truth.

The Person who is Truth.

It’s a beautiful merging

and yet we seem to shy

from those who speak it.

But they will hug you all day.

And they will make you coffee.

And listen to your heart.

And there will be a place

of safety in the ears of Truth.

And always will be.

Comments